Once a week, I like to have a nice pamper day to help combat not only the winter cold's effects on my skin, but to wind down and remind myself that self-care is totally okay! If you are living in a colder environment, or just wanna get some hardcore moisture going on in your life, these products are definitely for you.
From left to right:
- Lush's Self-Preserving Mask of Magnaminty. This stuff is amazing, and even better, it's self-preserving! I bought this mask back in December and it's supposed to last until April, which, if you're familiar with Lush's regular fresh face masks, is a long time! It really helps to clear out any clogged pores, and my skin looks so fresh and radiant after using it. Because of the aduki beans, this mask doubles as an exfoliant. When you wash it off, just rub it around in circles on your skin, and it'll slough off any of that dry, flaky winter skin!
- Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. I tried to resist this hair mask for a long time, because it is pretty pricey. However, in one of my earlier Ulta trips, I grabbed a one-time-use size for $4, and I was completely hooked. My hair was so damaged and knotty because I bleached my hair early in 2013, and now that I use it once a week, my hair has never looked better! My hair is no longer damaged or brittle, and it keeps the dry winter frizz at bay.
- Dr. Teal's Milk and Honey Epsom Salt. Usually when I have my pamper day, I like to take a nice, hot bath, especially with it being 40 degrees at the absolute highest most days. When I'm running my bath, I take a few handfuls of this Epsom salt and mix it into the water until it completely dissolves. Epsom salt is known for helping to relax minor aches and pains, which I definitely need most days, since I spend so much time hunched in front of a sewing machine! And the milk and honey in the mix not only smells amazing, but really hydrates my skin without making me feel oily or greasy when I get out of the bath.
- The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter. When I get out of the bath, I liked to use this body butter all over my body. It is a bit heavy, so I only use it before going to bed, so that I can allow it to fully soak in overnight. However, it smells absolutely incredible, and is super hydrating, as these body butters are known to be!
- Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Creme. This stuff is a godsend. During the winter especially, my psoriasis likes to completely freak out. It's not a fun time, and it actually really hurts. After I get out of the bath, I like to apply this lotion on any of my spots with psoriasis, as well as on my inner elbows, where I tend to get the occasional patches of eczema. Since I started using this lotion, my troubled skin has been so much happier!
What are your winter pamper essentials?