menu

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Simple & Bronze

I've been hit with the winter blues :( it's always so cold and dreary here in North Carolina, and I'm definitely missing sunny San Diego. To help combat the winter blues, I decided to do an easy, simple look to really help start brightening up my makeup looks! Lately, I've been all about vamp vamp vamp. Edgy everything. Which of course, is kind of my thing, and has been for quite some time, but it's time to bust out some color! This look is great if you aren't ready to fully commit to crazy bright eyeshadows and punchy neon lips, and is simple enough for a casual girls' day out.



This look is incredibly simple, and hardly requires any eyeshadow at all! I started out by priming my lids with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer. Then, I set the concealer into place with my very well-loved Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finishing Powder, using a fluffy brush to dusty the powder all over the lid. To add warmth and definition to the eyes, I used my Bahama Mama bronzer from TheBalm and rocked that gently into the crease. I didn't want to create a smokey look by any means, just a little bit of definition. Then, I went back in with my translucent powder and blended everything out, to create more of a diffused effect.

For my bronze liner, I used the Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Collection in "Comfort Zone." I used the leftmost eyelid color, which in the pan appears a bit more pink and rose gold than it really is, but when applied to the lid, it turns into this beautiful bronze shade! I spritzed an angled brush with my MAC Fix+ (but really, water will do just fine!) and, sticking to one side of the shadow as not to ruin the whole product, I created a paste-like mixture that is perfect for using as a cream liner! You can see in the picture where I dipped my wet brush. When using shadows wet, unless they are marketed as wet-or-dry shadows, I definitely recommend designating one spot for wet brushes, otherwise you could get a hard layer over the top of the shadows that is a pain to get through. 

To help make the subtle bronze liner pop even more, I went in with my Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner and created a super thin winged liner right underneath the bronze. When you add the black with the bronze, it really helps to give the look a little extra oomph! I tried to keep the lower lash line very clean and awake, so I used my NYX Slide On Pencil in "Pure White" along my lower waterline, as well as on the inner corner of my eyes to help brighten things up even more. For my lashes, I used my Mally Volumizing Mascara (which I totally forgot to grab when I was taking photos).


And yes, that red spot in the outer third of the whites of my eye is actually a birthmark.


For my skin, I chose to keep everything dewy and warm. I went back to an old favorite, my L'Oreal True Match Foundation. For blemishes, I went in using my MAC Studio Finish Concealer, and under my eyes, I used my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (which, again, brilliant Danielle forgot to grab when taking photos). To set the concealer into place, I used the Anastasia "Banana" shade (which you can now buy as an individual!) from my Anastasia Contour Kit. I also set my T-zone with the Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finishing Powder. I took my Bahama Mama bronzer and did a fairly light dusting on the points of my face that would naturally get tan, and also used this as a very light contour shade. For blush, I used my Milani Baked Blush in "Bella Rosa" which was totally overpowering on my fair skin. However, dark skinned girls? This blush will look amazing on you. For me, however, I ended up taking my Beauty Blender and really blending this blush out until it was just a faint rosy glow.


On my lips, I decided to go with something pretty bright. After all of the vampy lip looks I've been doing lately, this magenta color is absolutely lovely and definitely a change of pace! I used the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in "Mesmerizing Magenta" for the base color all over the lips, and then I went in with the Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in "Rio Rush" and took that just on the center of the lips to add a hint of shine.


I hope you enjoyed this look! I'm absolutely aching for the weather to warm up here, but we keep getting warnings of snow! I suppose a snow day wouldn't be too bad, right? ;)

- D.

No comments:

Post a Comment