menu

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette 2 Look #2 - Subtle Smokey Jade

Before I get started with this look, I want to apologize for the weird lighting in these photos. I usually prefer to take photos during the day in natural lighting, but I've never really had trouble taking photos at night! I'm not entirely sure what happened this time, but the lighting is just a bit weird and unfortunately does not really do this look justice. However, it does help get the point across, and you'll just have to try this look for yourself to see how gorgeous it really is!

This look is especially great for brown or hazel eyes, because the green really makes your eyes pop. It reminds me a little bit of the eyeshadow I had to wear in high school for colorguard, which I always got complimented on because it made the green flecks in my eyes stand out.




I first began with a base to really help the green shadow pop. I used my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk" and blended it all over the lid and up to the brow bone. Be sure to use a very thin layer of this product, because it can and will crease if you use too much! Then, I went straight in with "Jade" from my Lorac Pro Palette 2, and patted this all over the mobile lid, staying below the crease and out of the inner third of the lid. From here, I took a clean blending brush, and began blending out "Jade" to get rid of any harsh lines. 

To help blend even more, I took a mix of "Cool Gray" and "Light Brown" and blended these two shadows through the crease. I then took "Charcoal" on a pencil brush to further define the crease, as well as to deepen the outer corner. When "Charcoal" is blended with "Jade," you get this beautiful smokey green color! The key to this look is to blend blend blend. "Jade" is a bit of a tricky color to blend, because it can easily lose its opacity, so the trick is to keep going back in with the shadow and reintensifying the color. Once the shadows looked blended and opaque, I took "Snow" and filled in the inner corner that we left blank earlier. I went back and forth with "Snow" and "Jade" to create a seamless blend between the two shadows, creating almost a silvery green color


On the lower lashline, I took "Chrome" and smudged it along my lashes, stopping around the same place where "Snow" begins on the upper lid. I then took "Snow" and highlighted the inner corner to really make my eyes pop. 

For liner, I took "Black" on a push liner brush and wiggled this along the upper lashline, simply to thicken the appearance of the lashes without creating a harsh line. I lined my lower waterline with the NYX Slide On Pencil in "Pure White" to brighten things up even more. Then I curled my lashes and applied one coat of Maybelline The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara, and one coat of Maybelline The Rocket Mascara

For the rest of my face, I kept things simple with my current go-to foundation routine, which I talked about here. The only difference between this look and that one is that I only used the NYX Rouge Cream Blush, without Milani's "Luminoso." On my lips, I decided to keep things neutral with MAC's "Shy Girl." I find that this really keeps the whole look a bit more wearable. 

That's it for the second look! I love that this look is a great way to wear a soft, subtle smokey eye without going for a cookie-cutter neutral look. It's perfect for an evening out if you aren't comfortable with really intense looks.

- D.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear! Lovely sense of style!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog & I will immediately follow you
    FASHION AND THE CITY
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete