1. What is your favorite thing about summer?
- The sunshine. I'm definitely a warm weather kinda gal, and I love a day where it's sunny and 80 degrees with just a slight breeze. I love being able to wear shorts and not have to worry about being cold whenever I go out! Of course, there's always the problem of getting too hot, but I would rather be slightly too warm than be too cold.
2. Do you have a favorite summer drink?
- Well, for a while it was Starbucks' Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino with soy. Sadly, they didn't bring it back this year! For the last couple of summers, I've just waited for that seasonal drink to come back out, and I'm super bummed I can't get it anymore. For the most part though, I definitely drink lemonade a lot. I mean, I drink lemonade pretty much year round, but there is something so absolutely satisfying (and slightly cliche) about having a big glass of lemonade on a hot summer day.
3. Is there a special place you like to visit each summer?
- Not particularly. I just like to make sure I spend lots of time out in the sun and relaxing.
4. What's your favorite makeup look for summer?
- I really prefer minimal makeup for summer. Most recently, I've just been going for a light foundation, a long-wearing cream shadow, and some mascara! Plus, a bright lip for a pop of color occasionally.
5. Dresses or skirts?
- Definitely dresses! They're so easy to just throw on and run out the door, and they make it look like you tried when in reality, you just didn't feel like having to piece an outfit together (come on, I'm not the only one!). Skirts can just be kind of a hassle if you don't know what to wear with them.
6. Festivals or vacations?
- Definitely vacations. Personally I've never actually been to a festival, but it doesn't really seem like my kind of scene. I love the idea of just being able to relax and spend time with the people who are important to you.
7. What's your signature summer hairstyle?
- I don't think I really have one! Recently, I've been into a low side bun, but that's because I generally can't be bother to deal with my hair since it's been getting longer. I can't wait to start playing with some fun braids as soon as it's long enough though!
8. What's your signature summer scent?
- Sunscreen. I don't really tend to wear a lot of perfume or anything, so for the most part, I just smell like sunscreen! Gotta stay protected.
9. Favorite music for summer?
- I don't think I really have a specific like "summer playlist." Although I've noticed that I'm really into like spunky, powerful break up songs (such as "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift), despite being in a serious, long-term relationship. They're just so empowering!
10. Pool or beach?
- It really depends. I don't love going in the water at the beach because the Pacific Ocean is freezing. However, I do love just being at the beach in general. I love walking in the sand and watching people, and just kind of hanging out. The pool for me is definitely more for if I really do want to get into the water. Since coming back from North Carolina, though, I have a renewed love for the beach!
11. BBQ or seafood?
- Seafood. Always seafood. I'm a vegetarian, but occasionally I'll break that for some fish, when I'm really craving something meaty. Especially for sushi, it's a weakness! Sadly I can't eat shellfish though, since I'm allergic.
Balboa Park in the summer is one of my favorite places!
...and anyone else who is reading this!
p.s. I decided to include a few of my favorite photos from my first summer outing since coming home. I went kayaking with Andrew and we had a blast!