menu

Friday, June 5, 2015

My Go To Products for Water Resistant Makeup

With summer just around the corner, it's time for bonfires and beach days! If you're anything like me, your days are packed full of activities, where you're out on the beach in the afternoon, and going out somewhere at night. Personally, I don't have time to worry about my makeup, so I want my makeup to last all day without fail, so that I can go out looking put together after a wet day. These are my fool proof products for budge proof makeup!


From left to right:


  • Bare Minerals Hydrating Mineral VeilThis powder has become my new favorite powder in the last month or so. While I wouldn't necessarily call it hydrating, it leaves you with glowy skin as opposed to dull, dry skin. Since my skin is naturally a bit dry, some setting powders can make me look super cakey, and I've noticed that this powder does the exact opposite! Even with the mattifying products that I use underneath, it keeps my skin looking healthy while keeping my face products in place!
  • Maybelline The Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara. This mascara is without a doubt my new favorite drugstore mascara! It stays on through pretty much anything, and for best results, use an oil-based makeup remover so you don't pull out any of your lashes. It gives you full, fluttery lashes without clumping, and it stays put even when wet!
  • Wet n Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner. This eyeliner has been a favorite for as long as I can remember. I think I've worn this eyeliner since I was 14, and whenever I need something waterproof, I always go back to it! This stuff does NOT budge in water. I have been swimming for hours while wearing this eyeliner and still gotten compliments about how good my eyeliner looked a few hours later with zero touchups. You definitely need an oil-based makeup remover (or extra virgin olive oil works well too!), because this stuff is stubborn!
  • CoverGirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation. This foundation is a medium-to-high coverage foundation with a built-in primer, and stays on all day! When combined with a separate primer and the right setting powder, this foundation is not waterproof, but it holds its own against the water. To add more bang for your buck, this foundation has an SPF of 20, and is a buildable formula for personalized coverage!
  • Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo. This specific shade that I've featured in "Inked in Pink" which is park of the Color Tattoo Metals collection, and is the perfect pinky champagne color for every day! These cream eyeshadows seriously don't budge or crease, making them perfect for days when you may be sweating or getting wet! For even more longevity, set the cream shadow with a powder shadow. 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. To start off the water resistant foundation trifecta, use this super affordable matte primer! It will not only keep oil at bay, but it will act as an adhesive, keeping your foundation in place all day, even in the highest humidity (trust me, I wore this in a Southern summer where it's 100% humidity 99% of the time). 
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. I don't think this product is advertised as being water resistant, but it should be. It won't protect your brows from being mauled by huge waves over and over again, but if you're in a situation where you might get wet (for example, when Andrew and I went kayaking last week, or a water balloon fight, or spontaneous skinny dipping), it'll help keep your brows in place. And, even if you do get soaked, your brows will be more protected than without it.
  • Sephora Colorful Waterproof Eyeliner. This is another great liquid liner for a wet situation. While it's definitely not as waterproof as the Wet n Wild liner, it does stay in place and requires some work to get off. Which, when your face is getting splashed, is definitely a good thing! The best part about this eyeliner is that it comes in quite a few fun colors, so that you can keep up with the colored liner trend while keeping your liner in place all day!
I hope this is helpful! These are all products I've found work year after year, and I swear by them. One time I even wore a full face of makeup to a pool party, and after spending all day in the water, my makeup still looked good -- all thanks to these products!

- D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment