menu

Sunday, July 27, 2014

July Favorites

I have really been itching for July to end. Of course, every month I'm like, "Oh wow, this month went by so fast!" But I feel like July has really dragged on. I probably feel that way because I'm moving across the country in about three weeks! Anyways, I kicked off  July with some amazing purchases at PHAMExpo, and I've had an awesome month for beauty products because of it.


Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser. This stuff is freaking amazing. I am notorious for being really lazy about cleaning my brushes. That's why I kind of hoard brushes, so I don't have to clean them so often! However, between deep cleans, I use the Solid Cleanser to keep everything sanitary, so that when I do finally deep clean my brushes, I don't have as many to clean! It also dries super quickly, so you don't have to wait a few days for your brushes to dry.



Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. This contour palette has changed the way I contour my face! The center taupe color is the perfect contour shade for me, and I love using the banana color to highlight under my eyes, while using the shimmering pink color to highlight the tops of my cheekbones. When I had my wisdom teeth removed earlier this month, this contour kit really helped to make my chipmunk cheeks look a lot more normal! As you can see in the photo, this palette is already being very well loved.


Matrix Biolage Fortetherapie Strengthening Conditioner. I have had an amazing hair month, and I completely attribute it to this conditioner. I started using this conditioner early in the month and my hair as been completely transformed! It is so much stronger and healthier than it was before. I use it every other wash in conjunction with my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Color because it is a bit pricey, but it is seriously worth every penny to have my color-damaged hair feel this soft and healthy!


Aussie Sprunch Mousse + Leave-in Conditioner. Supposedly this mousse is meant for curly hair, but I like using it to give me a little bit more control over my hair. Like I said, I've had an awesome hair month, and this is another product I've tried that I really believe has helped my hair! The leave-in conditioner that is built into this mousse is not heavy at all, and the mousse really helps to hold texture, which my hair has very little of. When I get out of the shower, I will run this through my hair and twist sections of my hair, and it just gives me a really effortless look! And when I curl my hair, this mousse gives me such a defined, piecey look!


Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep. I always talk about how much I hate my brows, but this product has seriously changed the way I look at them. I still fill my brows lightly, but this tinted brow gel has a fiber formula that makes my brows look like they grow that way naturally! It gives just enough volume to my brows to make them seem natural without looking at all overdone, and the tiny little wand is perfect for keeping your application precise!

I always try to keep my favorites narrowed down so that you don't have a huge wall-of-text to read, but I found so many incredible products this month! Let me know your favorite products in the comments below!

- D.

No comments:

Post a Comment