menu

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Teens for Jeans -- Extended to February 28th!

I absolutely cannot believe I forgot about Teens for Jeans this year, and because I just remembered, I'm now up at 4:30 in the morning frantically typing this to get the word out. Teens for Jeans is a cause that is very close to my heart, as I worked for Aeropostale for 2 and a half years. It was my first job, and I began working there as a senior in high school. One of the most amazing things about the company is that they spend so much time giving back to the community, and Teens for Jeans is a prime example of what they do for the community.

What is Teens For Jeans? Teens For Jeans is an annual campaign run by DoSomething.org, where you can drop off your new or gently-loved jeans of any sizes at an Aeropostale or P.S. by Aeropostale location. Over 1.5 million kids and teens are homeless -- and that's just in the U.S.

If you are in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico, you can participate! All you have to do is drop your jeans off at any Aeropostale or P.S. by Aeropostale location. Click here to find a location near you!

I honestly can't believe I forgot about Teens For Jeans this year, but I guess since I'm not longer working at Aero, it hasn't been first thing on my mind. However, since I first found out about this cause, it has always been in my heart. Every time I go to downtown San Diego, where I was just the other day, I see homeless people on every corner, with ripped clothing. Once while I was in Chicago, I saw someone at the train station trying to keep warm, who was using duct tape to keep his clothes together. I wanted nothing more than to give him the shirt off my back.

Homelessness is a lot more than the "crazies" you see yelling at random people in run-down neighborhoods. In your school, in your work place, just about anywhere, you may see someone who is homeless, and you may never know it.

Last year, DoSomething.org and Aeropostale collected enough jeans to clothe almost 1 out of 2 homeless teens and kids. This is a great cause.

If you have the time and the jeans, jump in on this! You'll even get 25% off a brand new pair of jeans from Aeropostale for each pair that you donate. They have extended the deadline to February 28th. Make a difference! 


- d. 

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! ps, I like denim jeans!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great idea! Who doesn't want new jeans?! If I was in the US I would get involved! xoxo
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a great opportunity to give back. Awesome!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see something charitable! Thanks for stopping by my blog btw!

    ReplyDelete