menu

Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Favorites!

I feel like January has gone on for months. I honestly couldn't wait for it to end. The January gloom is certainly getting to me, especially now. As I type, I'm sitting in a hotel room in Chicago, where it is currently 30 degrees Fahrenheit, and snowing bucketfuls. While I'm missing the warmer San Diego weather, I'm definitely happy to have this change. It's lovely to wake up and see snow everywhere, although it's not as lovely when I have to walk around in it!

I didn't have a ton of favorites this month, but let's get started anyway! Most of these photos are the stock photos from Google images, since I'm not home and I don't have all of these products in their packaging right now, and they're all in little not-so-photogenic travel containers.


Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Obviously, this is no surprise. I've been using this palette almost every single day that I've worn makeup since purchasing it. It's such a beautiful palette and so easy to travel with. I've already raved about this palette so I won't go on too long, but if you'd like to see a full review of the palette, just click here!



Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion. My skin has been so unhappy this month, especially right now in the cold Chicago winds and snow. I went out to the drugstore and was hunting for a cheap alternative to my Vaseline Repairing Moisture Lotion wasn't doing the job. I love the Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash so I figured I might as well give it a shot! It has done a great job at locking in moisture as well as giving some extra hydration to my skin.


Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. Interestingly enough, while the rest of my body has been dry and itchy, my face has been a very happy camper. I started using this face wash after falling in love with the Clear Improvements Charcoal Mask, and I'm pretty sure the skin on my face has never been happier. This face wash is fairly basic, and it really gets the job done. It's great for lazy days when I don't feel like removing my makeup before cleansing, because it removes everything completely without drying my skin out. This face wash is fantastic for combination skin, and with the next product on my favorites list, I've found the perfect combination for my skin!


First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer. While I do have combination skin, I generally have fairly dry-combination skin. My nose and chin are often pretty oily, while my cheeks and forehead are very dry. This moisturizer really helps to not only control the oil, but hydrate my dry skin. It is very light, and fragrance free, so it's great for sensitive skin. It's a very basic moisturizer, but sometimes getting back to basics is the best thing you can do for your skin!


Gold Canyon Lavender Chamomile Candle. For Christmas, my mom got my entire family different candles. My mom knows me well, because she knows that when I am stressed out and anxious, I light candles! This candle has been lit almost every night since I got it, not necessarily because I'm stressed, but because I love the scent! It really helps me wind down after a long day, and it's really calming to burn while I relax in bed.

I'm really excited about all of the new face products I've tried in the past couple of months, and I'm planning to do a skin routine post soon. I'll be back to the usual blogging as soon as I'm back home!

- d.

No comments:

Post a Comment