menu

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Quick Update: I Chopped My Hair Off!?!

For those of you who follow me on Tumblr, you already know! Last night, I finally got completely sick of my hair. I had been trying to grow it out, because I have done some serious damage with all the coloring I do to my hair. I was so frustrated with it, and it was at this weird length that I wasn't loving. I wasn't even liking it. I was just tolerating it. I don't feel like you should ever just "tolerate" something as personal as your hair! So last night, I made an appointment at a San Diego-based Aveda salon called Gila Rut. I had never been there before, but I had heard such great things about it that I decided to try it out!

I have never had such an amazing salon experience as I did last night. When I first walked in, I told them I had booked an appointment online, and after checking in, I was offered water or tea. Then, I was given a tour of the salon, which smelled strongly of essential oils. They showed me a changing room and gave me a smock. In this changing room, they had hangers for you to put your clothes, so that you didn't get any hair on them. After coming out in my smock, I was told that I got to choose two complimentary services. There were four choices: a neck and upper back massage, a hand and arm massage, a mini-facial, and a makeup touch-up. Since I was just going home, and I'm very particular about what I use on my face, I chose the massages. After this, I was shampooed, cut, and styled!

I used this photo from Pinterest as a reference photo, and I think that the stylist did a fantastic job. I've had my hair cut like this before, about two years ago, and I loved it. I think I love it even more this time around! I don't know if all Aveda salons are like this one, but I will definitely be checking out more.


- d. 

p.s. Don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends February 5th! 


1 comment:

  1. This is actually so helpful for beginners! well done!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete