menu

Monday, November 18, 2013

L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Color Update

About ten days ago, I posted about the two new Color Riche Nail Colors that I bought. They make a claim that the polish lasts 10 days, and I decided to put it to the test.

Okay, so I didn't really put it to the test, because my nail OCD unfortunately didn't allow me to. However, since that post, I have tried both shades that I purchased, "Eiffel For You" and "Charmed, I'm Sure." I can certainly say that "Eiffel For You" has impressed me. It is a gorgeous taupe creme color that is perfect for fall. It goes on so smoothly, and I wore it for 5 days before it started to barely chip. The chipping in the polish was barely noticeable and rather minor, but I had a job interview on what would have been the 6th day, so I removed the polish and in it's place applied two coats of "Charmed, I'm Sure," which is the rose gold polish I purchased.


In the photo, it doesn't quite appear as a rose gold, and that's because it's definitely a bit of a nude rose gold. It is much pinker in person than in photos, but it is absolutely gorgeous. I have said countless times that I look awful in rose gold, and I always wished I could jump on board with this trend, and now I finally can! 

Unfortunately, it isn't quite as opaque as "Eiffel For You." It does apply a bit unevenly, and I almost feel that two coats isn't enough for full coverage. It also definitely highlights the awful ridges in my nails, something that creme polishes typically don't do. However, this polish also lasted 5 days before it began to slightly chip. This time, I felt I was ready for a good manicure anyway, and took it off. But right after I was done with my nail regimen, I reapplied "Charmed, I'm Sure" all over again. It's definitely a gorgeous color and I'm so excited to finally be able to jump on board with this trend!

I think the #1 thing for me is that it lasts about a week before starting to chip. The reason I don't wear polish often is that I don't like having to deal with it after a couple of days when it has already begun to chip. L'Oreal's Color Riche Nail Color line is definitely a low maintenance nail color that comes in a huge variety of colors, and I definitely would recommend trying it out!

- d. 

No comments:

Post a Comment