Look at me, trying to make my trash look cute.
From left to right:
- L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I've had this foundation for way too long. I should probably pay more attention to expiration dates on my makeup, but I'm really, really bad about it. This foundation has been my ultimate go-to foundation for years. It's lightweight but buildable, and it has such an extensive shade range that just about anyone can find a shade to match their skin tone!
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara. When I first purchased this mascara, I hated it. In fact, I ranted about it in a favorites + unfavorites post the first time I used it, and then retracted my statement after the mascara had dried out a bit. It works especially well when layered with other mascaras! This is my second or third tube of this mascara and I will probably repurchase it again soon.
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner. This is one of my all-time favorite drugstore liquid liners. The formula itself is pretty standard, but the foam applicator is what makes it worth purchasing. I'm not a huge fan of brush applicators for liquid liners, but a lot of the foam tip applicators are either too hard or have too much give. The applicator on this one is the perfect in between!
- Mally Volumizing Mascara. God, this mascara is so good. I've probably had it for too long, and continued using it past its expiration date, but it was too good to waste! Finally, it started to smell weird, so I decided to retire it. I got this mascara for Christmas from my lovely boyfriend, Andrew, and it's volumizing and lengthening without being clumpy, which is everything I long for in a mascara! It's a bit pricier than, say, Maybelline The Rocket, but it's definitely an item that I may just have to splurge on from time to time.
- Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealer. This is a good highlighting concealer. Is it life changing? Nah, not really. Would I purchase again? Yes, if my other go-to concealer wasn't available. I definitely prefer it for subtle highlighting as opposed to concealing, but I won't really miss it now that it's all used up.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I never realized how many Maybelline products I used up until writing this post! The Fit Me concealer is definitely a much better concealer than the aforementioned, and is supposedly a great dupe for NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. Personally I've never tried the Radiant Creamy Concealer, but this concealer has the perfect amount of coverage without being too cakey or heavy, and I definitely will repurchase! It's perfect for both under the eyes and over blemishes, due to the gel-like consistency.
- Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss Lip Butter. This lip butter smells like cupcakes and makes your lips super soft and hydrated. I use it every night and every morning, and I rarely need to apply any kind of lip balm during the day! I've already repurchased a new one, because I seriously can't live without it!
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Edgy Emerald." I really enjoyed using this cream eyeshadow as a colored gel liner, as it would stay put and really make the green in my eyes pop! Unfortunately, it dried out before I got to use the whole thing, so it has to go in the trash. It is a beautiful color, but I already have a similar product from NYX in my collection that I'm going to try to finish before repurchasing another one.
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. This foundation is perfect if you live in the humidity, or if you have to go out on a hot day and you need your makeup to look perfect all day. It doesn't fade or break up on the skin at all! It's a bit heavier coverage, but you can sheer it out with a moisturizer, and it makes you look flawless. It's great on days when you want to look good but don't have time for concealer and powder, because it stays put. When I use this foundation, I only powder my T-zone! I'm definitely planning on repurchasing this foundation for my high-coverage days.
- Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo. I think I've had at least one bottle of these in every single Trash Talk post I've ever done. This is my all-time favorite dry shampoo! The smell is strong, but it sprays out clear and really helps to keep your hair fresh! I actually really like putting this in my hair even when its clean, because it just adds some volume and texture to my otherwise flat hair.
- Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes. These makeup remover wipes smell good, work well, and are hypoallergenic. They're fantastic because they stay moist, and really get all your makeup off using just one wipe! They're also good for the earth, because they are compostable, so if you're trying to be a little greener and kinder to our Mother Earth, these wipes are perfect! I've already repurchased these and I'm so happy I did.
- Lush Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask. I've gone through so many of these fresh face masks since discovering our local Lush, and it's one of those products I will always go back to. I absolutely love what it does for my skin. It's especially great for that special time of the month, because the ingredients are perfect for helping to combat even the most stubborn hormonal breakouts!
- Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser. For a long time, I was totally against the specialized makeup brush cleansers because I thought they were a waste of money. The Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser changed my mind. It gets your brushes so clean, so fast, and I even find that they dry more quickly when I use it! This is another one of those products that I've already repurchased because I just can't live without it!
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (not pictured). This powder took a dive off my counter and broke before I even got halfway through it. I mean, it was fine, because I didn't love it. I remember using this powder during my high school drama days, which was fine, because between the oil-based foundations and the hot lights, I needed all the mattifying power I could get. However, in my every day life, this powder was just a bit too much for my dry-combination skin. For oily skin, though, I could definitely see this being a holy grail powder because it really gets the job done!
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (not pictured). This brow pomade was perfect for the humid days of the late Southern summer that I had to endure last year (and will be enduring again soon), because it seriously does not budge. However, my pot finally dried out and I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing it again. While it works beautifully, it was a bit of a hassle compared to a brow powder or pencil. It is a beautiful product, though, and if you have the time to really perfect your brows during your morning routine, I would recommend it!
You know, I really didn't realize how much stuff I was getting rid of until typing this post up! It's such a weirdly freeing feeling when you finish up with a product, especially when you know you have tons of similar products that can get the same job done. I still have one more foundation to get through before I'm allowed to purchase any more, but I think that I'm in a good place!
I know I'm definitely about due to post a tutorial or two, but I've been so incredibly busy with my internship. Hopefully I'll be able to get one up soon!