menu

Friday, January 2, 2015

His & Hers Face and Outfit of the Day -- Disneyland Edition

Happy New Year! Right now I'm currently home in San Diego celebrating the holidays with my family. For Christmas, Andrew decided to take me to Disneyland, and we had an absolute blast! It was pretty chilly at Disneyland when we went, and it only got colder as the day turned to night, which I suppose is pretty appropriate considering all the Frozen stuff they have up in the park right now. For this outfit of the day, I decided to include what Andrew wore as well!



Let's start with his outfit, since I am going to include my makeup in this post! We were planning on buying him some sunglasses, which is why he is so squinty, but unfortunately we couldn't find any that he liked. Both of our outfits were very simple, but warm nonetheless. His heather gray sweatshirt is from Old Navy, and I'm pretty jealous because it's super cozy. His coat is an amazing double-layer style jacket by Levi's, and is a wool blend, meaning he stayed warm in the colder temperatures! His jeans are a basic blue slim fit from H&M, and his boots are casual canvas Doc Martens. When the sun went down, he threw on a simple black beanie from Target, along with some dark red touch screen-compatible gloves.

For my outfit, I wore a cozy green waffle-knit infinity scarf from Target, and a basic, long-sleeve gray and white striped tee, also from Target. The best part about this shirt is that the sleeves are extra long! My jeans are my favorite high-waisted jeggings from Aeropostale, and my boots are the same cute moto booties that I featured in my fall fashion post back in October, but, go figure, they are no longer available. Of course, I also wore my favorte sunglasses, which is another piece from Target! When it got cold, I threw on an oversized faux-fur lined anorak style coat that I recently found in my closet. It was given to me years ago by my aunt, and living in San Diego my entire life, I never really needed it, until I moved to North Carolina. It isn't pictured above, but you can kind of see it below, with my two favorite face characters!


Shop His Outfit:

Shop Her Outfit: 



For my makeup, I went really simple and used long-lasting products, so I could avoid touch ups and just enjoy the park! To start out, I used my itty bitty sample size of Benefit's The Porefessional (which is lasting me ages, by the way), and primed my nose and chin. Most people will prime their entire T-zone, but my forehead was feeling exceptionally dry this day, so I didn't think I needed to. For foundation, I wanted a product that I knew was going to last all day without caking up or sliding off, so I used my CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation. Andrew and I had gotten up early to leave for Disneyland, so I definitely had some darkness and sleepiness under my eyes. To combat that, I used my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer, and set it with the "Banana" color from the Anastasia Contour Kit. Then, I set the rest of my face using the Revlon Translucent Finishing Powder (not pictured), and lightly followed up with "Fawn" from the Anastasia Contour Kit, in the hollows of my cheeks. To finish off the skin, I used Milani's Baked Blush in "Luminoso" and set everything in place with MAC Fix+.

On my eyes, I did a simple winged liner (which you can learn to do by clicking here), using the Lorac Front of the Line Liquid Liner. This eyeliner performed SO well during the day. Sometimes, when I wear winged liner for long periods of time, it creases or flakes in the smile lines near my eyes. When I got home at 2 AM after a long day at Disney, my liner looked like I had just applied it a few minute prior! For mascara, I used my new favorite, the Mally Volumizing Mascara, which was a great, fuss-free option, and makes my lashes look long and voluminous! On the inner corner of my eye, I added just a little dab of "Champagne Truffle" from the original Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. 

Finally, I used "Triple Fudge" from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, to fill in my brows, and I set it all into place with Benefit's Gimme Brow.


I hope this has given you some ideas for what to wear and how to do your makeup for your next big day out. I'm so enjoying my time here at home in San Diego, and I am so thankful to Andrew for taking me on this wonderful trip!

- D.

p.s. Some more photos from the day! As you may be able to tell, I LOVE meeting face characters! And the new Frozen Ice Bar in California Adventure had these cool glowing margaritas!


This is Andrew's default selfie face... He's pretty much the worst with photos.




I hope you all had a fantastic New Year!

1 comment: