menu

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Favorites!

Today, the first day of my second week of school, and I'm laying in bed, sick. Leave it to my horrible immune system to put me out by the second week of school. I thought I'd at least try to be a bit productive, though, and bust out a blog post. You might notice a bit of a recurring theme with my favorites this month. I've absolutely been loving The Body Shop! But let's go ahead and get started and I'll let you know why.

Also, please excuse the weird lighting in these photos. Because I did just move, I'm still trying to figure out the best place to take photos!


The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter. Okay, so I'm hopping on the late train. But earlier this month, The Body Shop was having a sale where, if you bought $30 worth of merchandise, you received a full-sized body butter for just $5! Which is a total steal, seeing as their body butters are normally $20. I was already at $28 anyway, so I decided I would just purchase a single-use mask for $2.50 and grab a body butter as well. I'm hooked. First of all, the brazil nut scent is absolutely amazing. It isn't overwhelming and it doesn't smell cheap or artificial, and it just makes my skin feel so soft! I've been using this body butter almost every day after I step out of the shower and my skin has never felt softer.


The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator. Since moving, my skin has been doing all kinds of weird stuff. Something I noticed is that my skin was doing this weird peeling thing. I figured maybe it needed to be exfoliated, so while I was at The Body Shop, I talked to the woman at the counter about the problem I was having. I told her I wasn't sure what my skin wanted to do, but that normally I have dry-combo skin. She recommended this to me, and I've never loved a facial scrub more than this! It leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed, but definitely not at all stripped.


The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash. This isn't a new discovery by any means, but I never really appreciated it until I moved some place that was truly humid. Since moving, I have found that ordinary body washes just don't make me feel refreshed when I get out of the shower. I often find most of them to be too hydrating. For a long time, I only used this body wash on areas that were prone to breakouts, but since moving, I find that this body wash helps keep me feeling refreshed and squeaky clean!


CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. I haven't been this impressed by a drugstore foundation in ages. Not only does this foundation match my skin perfectly, but it really does outlast any of my other foundations! It can easily be built up to a full coverage, but I prefer to apply it lightly with a Beauty Blender. It stays on all day without slipping and sliding, which is a huge deal in 90% humidity!


Better Homes and Gardens Dual-Scented Wax Cubes in Spiced Apple Pie. Unfortunately, because my apartment is owned by my school, I have to follow similar rules to the dorms. Which means no candles. However, I have discovered a love for wax warmers because of it, and currently these are my favorite wax cubes! It is a pack of two scents, and together, they smell absolutely amazing. It reminds me so much of my so-loved Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works, and I think I might go out and buy some of my favorite candles to break up into wax chunks for my wax warmer!

What have you been loving this month?

- D. 

p.s. Also, I would like to make a shout out to my dear friend Sarah. About a week ago, she tagged me to do "The Cat Tag," after having finished it herself. I'm sad to say that Sarah's beloved kitten, Claflin, passed away this past weekend, after being hit by a car. Sarah needs a lot of support right now, and I know she would love it if some of you would head over to her blog and let her know she has your support!

R.I.P. Claflin
11/7/13 - 8/31/14

No comments:

Post a Comment