menu

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November Favorites!

It's time for another favorites post! I can't believe it's December already. I am so not ready for Christmas and college applications. I'm so glad it's finally cooling down here in Southern California, though, because we had hot weather for way too long this year.

Let's get started!


Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer -- Very Fair. I absolutely love this concealer. Anyone who knows me has known that I have loved the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser for a very, very long time, but I have always disliked the packaging. It has always seemed extremely unsanitary to me, despite the "antimicrobial" sponge applicator. But, with this Rimmel Concealer, I don't feel like I'm applying germs and bacteria all over my face, while still getting great coverage with its fantastic, gel-like consistency. It goes on so smoothly, and I feel like it's actually quite hydrating as well. I have really dry skin around my eyes, so any kind of drying product just feels itchy and uncomfortable for my undereye area. This concealer hides any dark circles I may have, without creasing or settling, the way most heavier concealers would. I feel like it's a UK blogger favorite, and I really wish that Rimmel London would send the Wake Me Up Foundation our way! 

The next two products should come as no surprise...

 
L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Color -- Charmed, I'm Sure. I have worn this nail polish for most of the month of November. I absolutely love it, and I am so glad that now I can rock the rose gold trend! It is such an opaque color, and it lasts really well. I'm so hard on my hands, and it lasts about a week on my nails. Two coats and I'm out the door! The best part is, it's opaque without being overly thick, meaning it dries quickly!


Maybelline Color Sensational Color Elixir -- Mauve Mystique. This is the most easy-going lip color I have ever owned. I am not the biggest fan of lip glosses because I don't like the stickiness that a lot of them have, but this product is just so hydrating and smooth. I love the color because it makes my lips look natural, yet plump, and it definitely gives a "my lips but better" look. My lips always feel hydrated after taking this product off, something I rarely notice from an ordinary lip gloss. It smells like boba, too! 


Lush Fresh Face Mask -- Cosmetic Warrior. Cosmetic Warrior is my savior. I have loved this mask for a long time, but this month I discovered just how much I love it all over again. I don't typically get acne, but I have been really stressed out this month, since it's college application season and everything. And when I stress, I break out. I get a lot of cystic acne, which can be such a pain to get rid of, and it so often just makes me feel like my face is dirty, even if it is hormonal acne. This face mask is a lifesaver! It smells strongly of tea tree oil, however, it works like a charm. When I use this mask, I notice the life of my acne is significantly shorter, which makes for happy skin!


Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish. This body scrub is just so good. It really invigorates your skin, leaving it soft and smooth. It has both sea salt and sugar, meaning it gives you an amazing exfoliating experience, and it makes you feel so clean after you've used it. And of course, it has the amazing classic Soap & Glory smell that I love! It has really saved my body, since colder weather is so rarely seen in my part of the world. It feels luxurious every single time I use it, and my skin always feel amazing when I'm done! 


Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap -- Fresh Pick Scarlet Pumpkin. I hate to talk about this product because Bath & Body Works no longer sells it, but I am so in love with this scent that I am going to anyways! This is a hand soap from this year's fall collection, and I really hope they bring it back next year. Bath & Body Works got it so right with all their pumpkin scents this year, and I linked all of their current pumpkin products above. It is such a beautiful, rich pumpkin smell, and I just recently put it in my bathroom, but I loved it so much I had to post about it! Sometimes, after washing my hands, I just enjoy bringing my hands up to my nose and smelling them, because that's just how good this hand soap is. I hope they bring this back next year!

- d. 

No comments:

Post a Comment