menu

Monday, June 16, 2014

How I Grow My Brows

It's no secret. I hate my brows. And I know a good majority of my brow hatred is my own fault. To start off, I don't have very thick brows because of genetics. I am half Taiwanese and because of that, I have sparse, thin brows. On top of that, I have horrific anxiety, and when I get anxious, I often pull my brow hairs out. Let me tell you, it's an awful habit that I'm trying to stop, but either way, my brows aren't very voluminous in the first place!

To solve my sad brow problem, I hunted high and low. The most affordable brow serum I seemed to find was the Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum, at $38. And then, of course, there was the ever-popular Latisse, which can range anywhere from $40 to $240, and requires a prescription. Okay, so I wanted thick brows pretty badly, but not so badly that I was will to pay that much for it. For a while I felt that I would have to just live with my brows. But then, about a year ago, I found a miracle product that is super affordable and can be found at any drugstore in the...laxative aisle?

This miracle product is castor oil. While castor oil is known to induce vomiting when ingested, it is also known for hair growth. Castor oil contains all kinds of beneficial ingredients for your hair, such as vitamin E, proteins,  fatty acids, as well as having antibacterial properties. Castor oil is also known to help improve circulation, which is can promote hair growth! At first, I was very skeptical about this stuff working. However, what did I have to lose? It was such a low cost, between $5-$10 on average, so I figured I might as well try it.


A year later, I still pull my brows out due to my anxiety. However, my brows have greatly benefited from the use of castor oil. Within about a week of applying castor oil for the first time, I noticed results! It's very quick and easy, and I apply it at night before I go to bed with a cotton swab. This oil has changed the way I see my brows, and has kept me from looking like a mad woman, especially on days when I don't fill in my brows. 

- D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment