menu

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Collective Summer Fashion Haul + Try On

To kick off the summer, lots of stores have started having some fantastic sales. Since I'm moving soon to a much more humid environment than I'm used to, I need some different clothing to better suit my new weather conditions. On top of that, I've recently realized I need to stop fighting my body type, and I have decided to kind of re-vamp my wardrobe to better suit my shape. (Look at me, justifying my shopping addiction as always). Here are just a few things I have picked up in the couple of months to add to my summer wardrobe! Also, please excuse my dead grass. We're having a drought here in San Diego!



At Aeropostale, they've been having one of their awesome "Up to 70% off" sales. With this sale, a lot of the clearance stuff gets even cheaper. I mean, come on, you can't beat crop tops for less than $5! I really love boxy crop tops and stripes, so I picked up a striped cropped tank for only $4.99, and a striped cropped burnout tee for $5. Plus, Retail Me Not currently has an exclusive 25% off online/20% off in-store coupon (expires 6/25/14), so take advantage of it while you can!


Since I am leaving for school soon, I needed to pick up a good laptop/school bag. I didn't want to get anything that was obviously a laptop bag, and I needed something big enough to also carry my books. After hunting for a little bit, I decided on this cute faux leather tote bag with zipper detailing from Forever21. In addition to the bag, I picked up these basic high-waisted cuffed denim shorts. I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of high-waisted denim shorts that were a medium wash with no distressing. Apparently that's a hard thing to find because it took ages, but it must have been meant to be, because these were the last pair and they fit me perfectly! I also needed some basics, so I picked up two v-necks in white and black, as well as a black racerback tank. I got these a size up from what I normally would because Forever21's basics almost always shrink for me.


Because I recently donated quite a few of my old cardigans, I also picked up this oatmeal cardigan from their Love 21 line, which I think will be absolutely perfect for cool summer nights or when the weather is transitioning into fall. It's super cozy and incredibly soft!


Lastly from Forever21, I bought two pairs of sunglasses. One pair of thick-rimmed ombre sunglasses, and a pair with a square frame and gold accents. I purchased two different pairs because I've had some horrible luck with sunglasses lately. Recently, I broke one pair of sunglasses, and then managed to lose another pair within two weeks. The fantastic thing about Forever21 sunglasses is that they are so affordable, and I won't feel so guilty if something bad happens to them!


This next piece is something a bit trendier than I would normally buy. Recently, I've been seeing kimono cardigans every where, and I love how they dress up any lazy day outfit! If you follow me on Tumblr, you'll know I had some drama with a kimono that I bought from Cotton On (never again), so I ended up going to Charlotte Russe and finding this navy floral kimono which I love! I think kimono cardigans make outfits so easy. Just some jeans or shorts and a basic tee, a kimono on top, and you're all set. I'm a sucker for anything that makes my lazy outfits look a little more put together, and this definitely does the trick.


From H&M, I picked up two pairs of pants. The first pair is just a basic pair of black high-waisted skinny jeans. I know these jeans are going to be a staple in my wardrobe year-round, and they make me feel so confident! The second pair I picked up is a pair of khaki mid-rise twill skinnies, which were on sale for $10. They're definitely quite a bit different from what I would normally wear, but with all the dark colors I tend to wear for tops, I thought they would be perfect to help lighten up my wardrobe a bit!


Of course, I had to stop by Target, but here I had two very specific items in mind. I needed a new pair of basic black flats, because I ripped through my last pair after wearing them to work every day for over a year, and a new bikini top. These basic black flats by Merona were not my first choice in style, but they were so comfy and looked better on my feet than they did in the box (plus, nothing bothers me more than toe cleavage, which these shoes didn't have. you know, when the front of your shoe doesn't quite cover your toes all the way and you see the little lines between your toes?), so I settled on these. I've also been wanting a vintage-style swimsuit for a very, very long time. Probably since I was a junior in high school, actually. With the summer on its way, and with my upcoming move to a warm and humid climate, I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a bit more time in the water than usual. I picked up this basic black bikini top, which I plan to pair with some high-waisted bikini bottoms from Unique Vintage.


Last but not least, of course, I could help but stop by PINK to check out their Love PINK Sale, which is essentially their version of the VS Semi-Annual Sale. PINK and Victoria's Secret are the only stores where I can find my size (having a small rib cage with a bigger bust sounds like a blessing, but I promise you it's not), so every time they have a sale, I have to take a look! PINK's Wear Everywhere Lightly Lined bras are my absolute favorites, so I scouted the sale bins to find these two bras. Unfortunately, I can't find the sale price online, so you'll have to go in store to see what you can find! The black and white bra cost $15.99, and the muted lime green bra cost $14.99. If you have a hard-to-find size like me, I definitely recommend checking out this sale before it ends! 

And just for kicks, enjoy a photo of my boyfriend attempting to walk my cat on her leash in my backyard ;)


Let me know in the comments if you decide to hit up any of the awesome summer sales that are happening right now. I'd love to see your picks! 

- D.

p.s. On Sunday, June 29th, I will be at PHAMExpo in Pasadena! If you are going to be there, let me know in the comments! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving kimono's atm and yours is so pretty :)
    xx
    dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete