menu

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Favorites! + Un-Favorite?

Alright so I think this month's favorites kind of makes up for last month's lack of favorites. I'm actually having trouble narrowing things down this month! Also, at this end of this post, I've decided to add on one un-favorite, since I did discover something I wasn't the biggest fan of this month as well. All of my favorites for this month are available in a collection on Luvocracy, so you can view and purchase them all in one place!


Rimmel London BB Cream Matte -- Light. I honestly expected to hate this product when I first got it. It's an interesting consistency, for one. It starts out incredibly thin. So thin that you have to be careful when opening the tube, because it can get pretty messy. However, as you begin to apply it to your skin, it gets very thick and sticky, and you almost wonder if it will blend in at all. But then, it starts to warm up, and it melts into your skin. It definitely gives a very light coverage, but on no-makeup makeup days, I like to mix this in with my moisturizer to even out my skintone just a bit, while also adding SPF. I wouldn't say it's completely matte, but I can confidently walk out the door without powdering and not feel like an oily mess.


Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner -- Blackest Black. It's not secret that I love my L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner, which was featured in one of my earliest favorites posts. I often feel like I run out of this liner so quickly, though, that I almost couldn't justify the $8 price tag -- not when I'm repurchasing once a month. Okay, so I could totally justify it. I can justify anything when it comes to beauty products. But I do like to get a great deal on products as well. This Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner uses the same type of applicator (which is the #1 reason I loved my Lineur Intense for so long), applies just as smoothly, wears the same, and the best part? It's a few dollars cheaper. Which makes Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner my new go-to black liquid liner!


Milani Baked Blush -- Luminoso. I purchased this blush earlier this month, and talked about it a bit in a haul post. I have totally fallen in love with this blush. Not only is it incredibly pigmented, but it is a beautiful, natural-looking color. It's great for those days where you don't want to fuss with contouring and highlighting because it adds a natural highlight just from the shimmering appearance of the product. It's definitely going to be a favorite all through spring and probably summer!



Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush. This brush was so hard to find that I eventually ended up purchasing it on the Ulta website, along with my Too Faced A La Mode palette. After using it a few times, I realized why it was so hard to find. This "brush" features a silicone nib as opposed to bristles, which means that it's super easy to clean and glides smoothly on the sensitive eye area. The silicone tip doesn't pick up a ton of product, which means that you'll never get an excessive amount of product on your brush. Not only does that make application cleaner, but it means you'll never waste product!



Hello Kitty Cosmetic Spa Headband. This seems like such a silly thing to add to my favorites, doesn't it? However, this thing has made my daily skin care routine immensely easier. I'm a total sucker for anything Sanrio, so when I saw this in Bed Bath & Beyond, I had to have it! It's a simple, super plush elastic headband that pulls all your hair back without tugging. I also noticed that it's great for use in the shower to keep your hair out of your face on days you aren't planning to wash your hair!


Bath and Body Works 3-Wick Candle -- Coconut Leaves. Earlier this month, I commented about how I hate spring. I have the most horrible allergies that cause these terrible sinus headaches, and the springtime brings out the worst in my allergies. However, this candle reminds me of summer and relaxes me, even when the sinus pressure is getting unbearable. The description says "Transport your senses to the tropics with this fusion of juicy tangerine and papaya that gives way to soothing coconut and vanilla notes." Coconut and vanilla are two of my favorite scents (despite the fact that I hate eating coconut), and the fruity scents in this candle liven it up to really make you feel like you're on a beach! It reminds me a lot of my high school summer vacations, back when I lived on the beach and loved using tanning oils!


Blender Bottle Classic. This seems like such a random and silly thing to have on my favorites this month. But while I was at Bed Bath & Beyond with +Andrew earlier this month, I saw this on sale and decided it was time to finally cave and purchase one. I am a sucker for a fresh smoothie in the morning. Most days, smoothies are my breakfast. However, sometimes I simply don't have time in the morning to make myself one. And smoothies settle so quickly, how could I ever pre-make smoothies for myself!? Well, the Blender Bottle is my perfect solution. For example, this morning I was up bright and early. But I got to get a few minutes of extra sleep because I made my smoothie last night. When I woke up this morning, my smoothie had settled, but with a few good shakes of my Blender Bottle, it was smooth and tasted (almost) fresh! This bottle is such a great way to keep yourself eating healthy, even on the go.

Now moving on to my one un-favorite of the month...

Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara. I really wanted to like this mascara. I heard so many good things about it, so much hype, and sadly, I was very let down. It is such a sticky and wet mascara that I couldn't apply it without it getting everywhere. And it was so hard to apply more than a single coat without it clumping together and become a smeary black mess. I also found that it flakes and smudges under my eyes really badly, a problem I've never had with a mascara before. As much as everyone raves about this mascara, I just can't get on board! Then again, I'm so funny with mascara, as I didn't like Benefit's They're Real either.

That's it for this month's favorites! Don't forget that I have all of these products listed in a collection on my Luvocracy page for easy access.

Anything you want to see me talk about? Let me know in the comments below!

- d.

3 comments:

  1. I looove the Maybelline eyeliner! It was the first liquid liner I ever bought and I always go back to it. With the silicone brush, would you suggest using it for gels/liquids over powders, or do you think it'll work well either way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely made for creams/liquids! Powder wouldn't stick to it, there isn't enough texture because it's silicone, and the product would just fall right off!

      Delete
  2. Coconut and Vanilla are my faves too! I need that candle! XO

    ReplyDelete