menu

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Top 5 Under $5 Spring Nail Polishes

For spring, I really love pastels and vivid bright colors. I try to steer away from anything too dark, as I prefer to keep my nails short, especially during the warmer months, because I feel like it's less maintenance that way, and dark colors can make short nails look stubby! To be honest, I'm not very good at applying nail polish. I usually make a huge mess all over my cuticles, and I often say that I spend more time with nail polish remover and cotton swabs than I do with the actual polish itself.


So now, let's jump right into my Top 5 Under $5 Spring Nail Polishes!


Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color -- Coral Reef. Coral Reef is such an incredible, vivid coral color that screams springtime! This is definitely a sunny weather color that is super on trend for spring and summer, but I find that this color really picks me up during the dreary winter months (and let me tell you, I wore it a lot toward the end of this winter because I was dying for the warm seasons!). It is a very bright coral, without being too over-the-top. I get compliments every time I wear this!


L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Lacquer -- I Pink I'm In Love. This is such a pretty baby pink color, and it's on my nails right now! I love the formula of the L'Oreal Color Riche polishes because they apply beautifully and opaquely, and are very true to color. This is such a girly color, but you could easily add a bit of an edge to it by adding a slate gray accent.


Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color -- Lacey Lilac. This lilac color is absolutely stunning on any skin tone. I love that it is a dusty lilac color as opposed to a full on bright lilac, because it keeps it very chic yet girly. When I'm going for something a little more toned-down, but I still want a pretty color on my nails, this is the polish I reach for, especially as the seasons are changing.


Revlon Nail Enamel -- Dreamer. Dreamer is very similar to my beloved Essie Bikini So Teeny. It's not quite as periwinkle, and leans more toward a sky blue color, but it still has just a touch of purple in it that gives your nails a really unique look! It applies beautifully, as most of the Revlon polishes do, and is a great option if you are like me and cringe at the thought of spending $8 on a tiny bottle of polish. 


Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color -- Mint Sorbet. I absolutely love mint green, and this nail color is the most perfect mint green polish I've ever owned. It is definitely much more of a grassy green color than, say, the ever-popular Essie Mint Candy Apple (which I tend to consider more of a Tiffany baby blue, although it's a beautiful color in its own right). If anything, I'd say it's more of a dupe for Essie Fashion Playground, but for less than half the cost!

You may notice I really love the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color! It is probably my most favorite brand of drugstore nail polish, simply because it's so inexpensive, long-wearing, and it applies like a dream! They have a great selection of colors, and according to their website, they sell it in a lot of countries.

What's your most worn nail color this spring?

- d.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, these are cute, I'll have to try some of these colours! I'm currently wearing "Honey Ryder" and "Vesper" from OPI's The Bond Girls collection, but I'm also a big fan of CoverGirl's Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in "Golden Opportunity".

    ReplyDelete