menu

Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Interrogation Beauty Tag

I've been wanting to do some looks for you lately, but it has been so hot and humid in San Diego that I can barely put on a small amount of makeup to even go out! So instead, you guys get a fun beauty tag. My good friend Sarah from Diary of a Beauty Padawan did this tag about a week ago and I've decided to do it as well! So grab a nice refreshing glass of lemonade and let's get started.

1. What is the one product you'd grab if your house was on fire?

  • Moisturizer. Definitely moisturizer. My absolute favorite is the First Aid Beauty Ulta Repair Face Moisturizer. I have dry-combo skin, so without this stuff, my skin turns into a total desert, and what's the point of putting on makeup if your skin is dried out?
2. Which beauty blogger would you want to do your makeup?
  • I have to say Leesha from xSparkage. She is a beauty blogger/vlogger and is the reason I started blogging in the first place! I absolutely love both her YouTube channel and her blog, and her makeup looks are always amazing!
3. Which celeb do people think you look like?
  • I've always been told that I look a lot like Audrey Hepburn, which to me is a total compliment! It must run in my family or something, because my little niece gets it all the time as well. I've also been told Jena Malone when she has her dark hair (like in Catching Fire), which again, is a total compliment. I think it's a bit more evident when I have bangs, so here are some older photos for comparison!


4. What beauty product do you save for a date night?
  • I can't really think of anything in particular that I save for date nights. Maybe perfume? I don't usually wear much in the way of perfume, and I kind of just wear whatever makeup I feel like wearing regardless of occasion. 
5. Which of your guy friends takes longer than you to get ready?
  • Honestly, it would be my boyfriend. He takes an eternity in the shower, so if we consider the entire from shower to out-the-door getting ready process, he probably takes about as long as me if not longer. The only thing he really has on me is that he doesn't have to blow dry his hair. 
6. If you could create your own miracle beauty product, what would it be?
  • A foolproof, full coverage foundation that never cakes. I know those exist, but sometimes even the best foundations will get cakey if not applied correctly! Or a one-step tattoo cover up. As someone who lives in the world of theatre, few things are harder than covering up tattoos! Or, the perfect lipstick formula that never needs touch ups, doesn't feather, and doesn't stain (see also: question #11). 
7. What's your best beauty tip?
  • Take care of your skin. Hydrate it. Drink lots of water. Splurge on skincare. I am a firm believer that beauty starts from the inside, so eat healthy so that your inner health will radiate outward. Your makeup will apply so much more easily if you take care of yourself first.
8. What beauty products do you love to splurge on?
  • Um, how about everything? I don't even know. If I think it's worth it, I'll splurge on it. End of story.
9. Which beauty bloggers would you bring on a shopping spree?
  • It's funny that she mentioned me as well, but I would definitely take Sarah. I think we would have so much fun shopping together, and we're both pretty bad about the whole "It's okay, just get it!" thing ;)
10. What is your signature scent?
  • I don't really tend to wear perfume. I really love deep, musky scents though, so I guess that is what I would have to say.
11. I'm on an endless quest for the perfect...
  • Red lipstick. I want the perfect blue-toned, blood red lipstick that doesn't feather, fade, or stain. I want a red lipstick that I never have to touch up and stays vibrant all day. I know, I'm asking for a lot, but I have yet to find it!
12. How many beauty products does it take to get your ready? 
  • Depends on the day, but if I include skincare and haircare, I totaled up 15 products that I use on a normal day.
13. What lipstick/lip gloss do you have in purse right now?
  • I think the only lip product I actually have in my purse (considering I just cleaned it out) is the Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment, which isn't actually my favorite of the Fresh collection, but it's the only one I have at the moment.
14. Who is your celebrity beauty icon?
  • Alexa Chung, Dena Kaplan, and of course, Audrey Hepburn.
15. Name the beauty brand you'd most love to be a spokesperson for.
  • Wow, this one is actually really hard. Considering my collection, the answer would be Too Faced, since I have a lot of products from them. However, I absolutely love the vintagey vibe that brands like Soap & Glory and The Balm have! 
16. What's your current nail polish?
  • Currently my nails are bare! But the color I recently removed was actually a limited edition version of the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips. I can't quite remember what they were called, but they looked like fish scales!
17. Favorite mascara right now? 
18. The last thing you bought at Boots?
  • We don't have Boots here in the US, unless you count the little Boots section at Target, in which I'd have to say the last item I bought was the Boots Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream.
19. I try to never be seen without wearing...
  • Some kind of eyebrows. I hate my brows. It's no secret. I always try to at least even them out with a little bit of powder before I head out the door!
20. What's one beauty product you'd always recommend? 
  • Ooooh, this is a hard one because there's a lot of stuff I absolutely love. But I would have to say I always go back to the original L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I picked this foundation because, with more than 30 shades, you can pretty much find something for everyone!
If you are a blogger and you read this post, then I tag you! Leave a link to your blog in the comments below and I'll be sure to check it out! 

- D. 

1 comment:

  1. YES! I love this post. I love tag posts. I can see the Jena with your fringe and I can definitely see the Hepburn going on! :D Awesooome!

    ReplyDelete