menu

Friday, November 1, 2013

First post and October Favorites!

Hello! Sooo, as many of you may already know, I've been really into the whole beauty industry for quite some time now, and since I was 16, I have been the go-to hair and makeup artist for many of my friends, and friends' friends. When I was 18, I started in beauty school, where I primarily learned hair styling. About 6 months later, I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do with my career, and I left beauty school (insert "beauty school dropout" lyrics here). However, that has not stopped me from being passionate about the beauty industry! That's why I have decided to start posting my favorite beauty, fashion, and lifestyle favorites from month to month, just like a lot of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus. 

Let's start with a rediscovered favorite. 


L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense. This is my all-time favorite liquid liner. While I typically tend to go for cream or gel liners, Lineur Intense is perfect for just about any eyeliner look. I forgot about this liner for a while, but when I recently saw it in Target, the fire was rekindled. The sponge tip allows it to apply with ease and precision, and is different than the typical felt tip or brush applicators sometimes seen with liquid liners. It is flexible like a brush, which allows for ease of application, but thin and precise like a felt tip, which allows you to build up your liner from super fine to thick and bold. And if you're looking for a black liner, let me tell you. This one is...well, carbon black. In terms of wear time, it lasts and lasts and lasts. I have oily lids, and once this stuff is dry, it won't budge until I'm ready to take it off. But when wet, it is easy to manipulate, and if you mess up, no worries! Just take a wet cotton bud and it cleans up easily.


Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color -- Sugar Plum Fairy. This is a truly versatile lipstick. Not only is it the most gorgeous berry color, perfect for the fall, but it can easily double as a cream cheek color! This lipstick has been my favorite cheek color for October. Crazy, you say? Try it yourself! It has a semi-matte finish, with a creamy consistency, so it will not dry out your skin or make it look oily. Just rub the color between your fingers and pat it on your cheeks. Use a buffing brush or sponge to blend it, if your fingers aren't doing the job. This stuff does have a tendency to stain, so it will last! 




Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara. I've never been a fan of the flaky, clumpy lash look, and I'm not blessed with super long, healthy lashes. This mascara is great for me. It definitely adds volume and length, without making your lashes look clumpy, AND it stays soft while holding a curl! To me, it's almost a "no-mascara" mascara. It feels nice on the lashes and is buildable. It is a very wet mascara when you first apply it, so if that's not your thing, skip it. I hear this mascara is typically a hit or miss, but for me, it's a hit.



Soap & Glory Hand Food Hydrating Hand Cream. Some of you may already know, I am a colorguard coach. As a colorguard coach, I am very hard on my hands. And now, going into these cooler months, my hands will really begin to feel the wear and tear. However, this hand cream has been my savior! I've seen it talked about a million times and I am in love. It smells divine. The smell alone would make me want to use it. But not only does it smell good, it is so creamy and rich! And it isn't the kind of creamy and rich that lingers on your skin so you can't do anything with your hands. It soaks in quickly and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. I have the travel size that I keep in my bag. 



Essie Nail Lacquer -- Vested Interest. Anyone who has followed me for a long time will know I'm not a fan of Essie nail polishes. I am so picky about polishes. I like them to be thick, but not goopy. Essie has a tendency to be too thin to achieve the opacity I like without pushing into 3-4 coats. However, Vested Interest is a gorgeous, teal gray creme that is opaque in 2 coats. Honestly, I don't know why I love this polish so much. I tend to stay away from blue-ish polishes, but this one has been on my nails nonstop since I purchased it. It has great staying power. As I said before, I work with my hands a lot, and this polish typically stays on for 5 days before beginning to chip. Maybe my bad Essie luck has changed? 



Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candle -- Leaves. This is an autumn staple for me. Leaves is such an amazing scent. I even have the Scentportable for my car, and get compliments every single time someone new sits in my passenger seat (despite how messy my car actually is)! It is described as a "rich blend of golden nectar, red apple, and spiced berries." In the last month, I have burned it practically every night, and when B&BW had their 2 for $22 candle sale, of course I had to buy another one, as well as their Cinnamon & Clove Buds candle. I love pairing this with my Candle-lite Essential Elements Vanilla & Sandalwood candle (that's a mouthful), which I found at Rite Aid. Absolutely amazing, and it's burning as I type.



Charming Charlie Right On Rhinestone Watch -- Gunmetal. There isn't much I can say about this watch. Just a standard boyfriend watch with rhinestones in a gorgeous gunmetal color! I've been wearing this pretty much every single day since purchasing it. The cool thing about it was that I received a sizing kit with my purchase (basically a blunt thumb tack with instructions), so it fits just right for me now!

- d.

No comments:

Post a Comment