menu

Friday, November 22, 2013

Face and Outfit of the Day -- Job Interview Edition

So today, I had my second interview at Sephora (woo hoo!)

I thought that, because Sephora is such a fun place for makeup, I would show you the makeup I wore for the interview, as well as the outfit (which is significantly less exciting, but it may help some of you who are looking for some good professional attire!)

I'll start with my outfit.


We'll go from head to toe! My headband is from Icing. I bought it a few holiday seasons ago so I'm sure they don't have it anymore, but it's just a simple bow headband. It is pretty similar to this headband, though, which is also from Icing. Around my neck is my beloved bow necklace that I actually haven't worn in quite some time. I got it from eBay, a few years ago, and can still be found here! It is a gorgeous gunmetal color, and the photos online definitely do not do it justice. My shirt is a basic black t-shirt from H&M, which is tucked into a slitted pencil skirt from Target. This is another one of those items that I bought quite some time ago and is no longer available at Target, but black pencils skirts are a staple and can be found just about anywhere! My shoes are also from Target, and definitely aren't as cute in the picture as they are on my feet! Plus, they are SO comfy, and wear really well. I tend to walk with my toes up (from a few good years of marching I assume), so a lot of shoes wear out around my toes really quickly. My belt is the same belt I wore in my last OOTD, which actually belongs to my best friend, so I am not sure where it's from.


My nails were inspired by +leighannsays, and I used my L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Color in "Eiffel For You" with my N.Y.C. Longwearing Nail Enamel in "Plaza Plumberry" for the triangle accent. It's the first time I've ever done a manicure like this, so it's anything but perfect, but I think it turned out pretty well for a first time try! 



The look I wore today was definitely a fall-inspired look, with some oranges and wine colors. Unfortunately, my camera was going crazy today and didn't seem to want me to be able to get a very good photo of it. Also, please excuse my crazy hair. I am in desperate need of a good hair mask. 

First, I used my Too Faced Primed and Poreless face primer, and over that, my L'Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade C2. Then I went straight into the brows, with Inglot 358 Matte and my Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel (not pictured). Then, I ran my Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in "Nude" to help shape and define my brows just a bit more. Then, I applied my Urban Decay Primer Potion (not pictured) to help my shadows stay put. Then I went in with my Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Palette


This palette comes with three tiers of shadows: one with cools tones, one with neutral tones, and one with warm tones. I used the warm tier, and applied a shimmery peach color on the inner third of my lid. I then took a matte plum color and rocked it in my socket as well as the outer corner, being careful to blend it out really well. I then used a bright matte orange to add an extra pop of color on the center of my lids, as well as a matte brown to deepen the plum in my outer corner. I also ran the shimmery peach color along the inner corner. 

After applying my eyeshadows, I went back in with my Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in "Blackest Black" and created a defined winged liner. It's a bit difficult to see in the picture, unfortunately. I then took my nude Rimmel pencil and ran it in the lower waterline, as well as under the wing to give it some extra definition. 

After all this was applied, I went in with my new holy grail concealer, the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer in Very Fair. I applied this to the undereye area, as well as down the bridge of my nose to add a bit of highlight. This concealer is amazing for my dry-combination skin. I then went in and powdered with my Revlon Photo Ready Translucent Finisher, and contoured with the same Inglot powder I used on my brows. On my cheeks, I used my favorite blush (of all time), Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Blusher in "Mellow Wine," and on my lips, my Wet 'n Wild Megalast Lip Color in "Sugar Plum Fairy." Finally, I used my Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara. And of course, I spritzed some Mac Fix+ to add a lovely finish to the skin!

- d. 

p.s. in case you were wondering, I got the job!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous outfit, and we're loving your makeup. That palette looks amazing!!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete