menu

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lashes & Lingerie

Recently, I realized just how much I love bustier style bras and bikinis. In fact, a few weeks ago, when my school did this big end of the year celebration that we call Beaux Arts, I wore a bustier bikini as a top! The celebration was Rio Carnival themed, so we got to have lots of fun and dress up (luckily, no one showed up in anything too revealing). However, after wearing my less-than-modest outfit all day and night, I realized just how confident bustier bras made me feel, which is why I think they're perfect for any day when the sun is hot and you want a little extra confidence boost!

After reading this post, you should go check out Adore Me, which is a lingerie website full of sets that range anywhere from cute and innocent to sexy and daring!


For this look, I was inspired by the summer music festival outfits that I've seen all over Tumblr and Pinterest. While boho chic isn't exactly my style, I can definitely appreciate just how cute it is, and this outfit gives a subtle hint of boho without going full on hippie chick.

This lacy Daisy Contour balconette bra is a long line with lace, and reminds me a lot of the bustier bra style. It's from Adore Me, the lingerie website mentioned above. To keep the midsection covered, I chose to go with these simple, high waisted denim shorts from H&M. For when it gets chilly, I would throw on this flowy, oatmeal colored cardigan from Forever21, and I would add a hint of edginess with this geometric layered necklace, also from Forever21.


For this look, I would go with simple and natural looking makeup. Of course, with some bold lashes to amp it up a bit! On my lips, I would wear my MAC Lipstick in "Shy Girl," and on my cheeks, I'd go with a subtle peachy glow and use Milani's Baked Blush in "Luminoso." To finish everything off, I'd use these amazing lashes from Ardell, the Curvy 415 Black false lashes!

Shop the Look:

How would you style lingerie to be worn every day?

- D.

No comments:

Post a Comment