menu

Sunday, December 7, 2014

November Favorites + Highlights of the Month

This month was certainly fun, although incredibly stressful! I don't have much in the way of beauty favorites, so I thought I would also give you a little peek into my cell phone and show you some of the fun things I did this month!

First things first, though, let's move on to my November favorites!


Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil. This stuff is amazing! I've been having some major trouble with my skin this month, between travelling and finals and a million different projects that I have due. One day my skin seems perfectly fine, the next it's an oily mess, and the next it's a desert! This cleansing oil has done an amazing job keeping my skin balanced, even on my oily days!


The Body Shop Divine Calm Relaxing Massage Oil. I've had this massage oil for quite some time now, but only recently have I really begun to love it! When I get stressed out, I get back spasms, so a while back Andrew and I bought this to help relax my back. Well, I don't get anymore wonderful back massages anymore, being 2500 miles away from Andrew, but I can still use this oil! It is made of a blend of essential oils, which makes it perfect to use on your pulse points for aromatherapy purposes, and the lavender oil makes it so calming.


OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Split End Mender. Sadly, I can't remember the last time I got a haircut. I need one pretty badly, and my ends are making that pretty apparent. Luckily, this leave-in conditioner does an amazing job of keeping split ends at bay! While nothing is going to really fully fix split ends, I do feel like this stuff keeps my split ends from getting even worse, which means I hopefully won't have to cut too much off when I get home and can finally get a trim!

That's it for my November favorites! I haven't had much in the way of favorites in the past few months, because I simply can't afford too much. Starting in January, I think I'm going to start doing seasonal favorites as opposed to monthly favorites, just so that way I'll have a little more to share with you guys!

Since this post is so short, I thought I would share with you a few highlights from this month. First of all, it's definitely starting to show some signs of winter here in North Carolina. I experienced my first East Coast frost!


My roommate and I also decorated for Christmas about a week before Thanksgiving, since we knew we wouldn't have a chance to after we got back from break. After we decorated, we made yummy peppermint chocolate cookies and drank sparkling cranberry juice. I'll have a blog post up about our Christmas decor very soon!



I was unable to go home for Thanksgiving break (it's like $500 round trip and I would've only been home for a couple of days...not really worth the price point, sadly). Luckily, my friend, Anna, invited me to come stay with her family in Florida!

(photo from HomebodyAtHeart.com)
Thanksgiving with Anna's family was awesome. Her family is so warm and welcoming, and Thanksgiving dinner was absolutely to die for! While we were there, we went to the Brevard Zoo. Anna's dad is a veterinary consultant, so we got to do some awesome behind-the-scenes stuff!


The giraffes were the sweetest, most gentle things, but boy, were they strong! We got to feed them some leaves off of branches and I was just waiting for them to pull Anna's little sister over the fence with them! This one's name was Rafiki.


This was probably the coolest part! I got to pet a cheetah. I can't remember what her name was, but she was surprisingly sweet. According to the zookeeper, she was hand raised by humans and, for the most part, is very mellow and friendly. She was just sitting there licking the zookeepers hand like it was no big deal!


Rhinos are huge! It was so hard to get a good photo of the rhinos because they were just so massive and we were so close to them that they basically just looked like a giant gray wall. And the little guy on the right is a dik-dik! What a funny name, right? It's a tiny little antelope from Africa, and the ones in this zoo love crackers!

And yes, it was surprisingly cold in Florida! 

That's it for my November favorites, and my highlights of the month! What was your favorite part of November?

- D. 

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the ingredients on the recommendations but they sound nice especially the cleansing oil. The antelope is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cold is cold for Florida? :D And whoop, that Nourishing Coconut Milk looks like something good to add to my bathroom? I'll confess: it's been like more than three years since I cut my hair. That's why it's so mermaidy and looong. Also more damaged than if I lived in the sea. :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was like 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit, which isn't very cold, but for Florida it was! I totally didn't even pack anything long sleeved because I expected 60+F, so I had to borrow my friend's mom's sweater, ahaha.

      Haircut girl! I need a trim desperately but I'm trying so hard to grow my hair out again. I haven't had mermaid hair since I was like 18.

      Delete